Dates to Remember
14 – First day of school
28 – Yom Kippur (No School)
12 – Columbus Day (No School)
3 – Election Day (No School)
11- Veterans’ Day (No School)
25-27 – Thanksgiving Recess (No School)
24-31- Holiday Recess(No School)
1 – New Year’s Day (No School)
18 – Martin Luther King Day (No School)
15-19 Winter Recess (No School)
2 – Good Friday (No School)
19-23 – Spring Recess (No School)
13 – Eid al-Fitr (No School)
25 or 180th day – Schools close
- Daily Schedule
- Early Dismissal
- Emergency Closing of School
- One-Hour Delay of School Opening
- Tardiness Policy
- Breakfast 7:40 AM to 8:00 AM
- 1st Bell-Students Enter The Building 7:55 AM
- 2nd Bell-Start of the School Day 8:00 AM
- Recess & Lunch (Grades K-2) 11:00 AM to 11:40 PM
- Recess & Lunch (Grades 3-5) 11:45 AM to 12:25 PM
- Dismissal for Bus Riders 2:05 PM
- Dismissal for Walkers 2:10 PM
- End of School Day 2:10 PM
- Should it be necessary for your child to leave school prior to the regular dismissal, you must send a written note to your child’s teacher in the morning. Parent/guardian is also required to check into the office and sign the child out of the building in our Student Log.
- It is recommended that students not be dismissed early from school for reasons other than Doctor/ Dentist appointments or Family emergencies. Whenever possible, please try to schedule medical and dental appointments during non-school hours.
- 630 WPRO
- 92 PRO-FM
- LITE ROCK 105
- TV Channels 6, l0, and 12.
Please do not tie up the phone lines by calling the school. The following procedure is in the event that an elementary school is forced to dismiss early:
- Each parent/guardian should have a plan with his/her child explaining to the child where he/she is to go in the event that school dismisses early. Forms are available in the office.
- Kindergarten children will be placed on the school bus. The bus will go door-to-door. If no one is home, the child will be returned to the school and the parent/guardian will be called.
- If the dismissal is for any reason other than inclement weather, the school will attempt to call the parent/guardian of the child. If a parent/guardian cannot be reached, an emergency number for the person(s) authorized to pick-up the child will be called. If the school cannot reach anyone, the child will be instructed to follow the early dismissal plan referred to in #1.
- Buses will pick up students in grades K – 5 one hour after their regularly scheduled time.
- Children who arrive after the 8:00 AM bell rings will be considered “tardy” or late.
- The only excuses for tardiness are: medical emergencies, doctor’s appointments, major family problems, problems with transportation (bus or car breakdowns) and inclement weather.
- Repeated tardiness to school is unacceptable and students are allowed only two (2) latenesses per quarter in the Warwick Public Schools.