- Students are only allowed to ride the bus assigned to them.
- If you have any questions regarding the bus schedules, please call the Warwick Public Schools Department of Transportation at 734-3112.
- Please be advised that as the students get older their eligibility to ride the bus may change. That is the policy of the Transportation Department. The riding limit information is available in the school office.
- Please note, the traffic plan was designed by the Warwick Police Department and must be strictly adhered to for the safety of our students and their parents.
Students in grades 4-5 may have the privilege of riding bicycles to school.
- Permission forms are available in the office and must be signed by a parent/guardian and returned to the Principal.
- Students who ride bicycles to school are required to wear helmets. (Rhode Island General Law Title 31-19-2.1)
- Bikes are to be stored in the bicycle rack; however the school does not assume liability or responsibility for stole or damaged bicycles that may occur.
This traffic plan was designed in conjunction with the Warwick Police Department.
The safety of our children here at Park School is a priority. With that in mind, what follows is a reminder that I would like everyone to consider when in and around the school grounds.
Your compliance will ensure a safe environment for all.
Buses / Daycare Vans: The front parking lot is for buses and daycare vans only.
- Only bus/van students are to be dropped off in the front parking lot, regardless of the weather.
Walkers / Parent Drop-Offs: ALL students, primary and intermediate, are to be dropped off in the REAR of the school at the designated DROP OFF ZONE.
- The drop off area has been enlarged and is easily identified by three signs and a painted yellow curb. This will allow 4-5 parents to drop off their child at one time. After dropping students off, continue in the line of traffic, circle around the blue barrel and continue out of the parking lot onto Asylum Road.
- Students are not to be dropped off by the Park School sign or the dumpster.
- Students K-3 will proceed to the primary playground (back yard).
- Students 4-5 will enter the building by the rear door of the All-Purpose room, exit the front door, and continue around the building (along the sidewalk) to the intermediate playground.
- In the event of inclement weather, all walkers and parent drop-offs will be dropped off in the rear of the building. All students will enter the building through the rear door of the All-Purpose room hallway.
Please note: The parking on the left side of the road is allowed but has changed to parallel parking to accommodate the flow of traffic. An increase in the size of the road was designed to lessen the congestion. Crossing should only take place in the two designated crosswalks.
Excessive speed: There have been recent complaints of people driving too fast entering and leaving the school parking lot. Please be aware that children are walking to and from school. In the spring, some will also be riding bicycles. Please drive slow and be extremely cautious especially near the two crosswalks.
Safety is as simple as ABC – Always Be Careful